Friday, June 8, 2012

DIY Magnetic Makeup Board

My first blog post! Yay! I couldn't think of any other way to celebrate this occasion then to share this Magnetic Makeup Board craft with you!


The messiest place in my house is my bathroom counter because all my makeup is laying around. This is a cute and EASY way to get that makeup out of the way!

Start by making a simple magnetic board. 

  • Take a trip to your local hardware store and ask them to cut a piece of metal for you. 

  • Next, find an ugly picture frame that you won't mind painting (D.I. is the perfect place to look) and paint it. Spray painting works best but using a brush works great too.



  • Then, spray your metal with adhesive and cover it in a cute fabric that matches the color of your frame and put it all together.


  • The rest is simple! Hot glue magnets onto the back of your makeup. Depending on what kind of makeup it is, you might have to glue on multiple magnets.


  • Place your makeup on your finished board and your done! Another thing you can do is paint plastic cups (pharmacy pill bottles work great) and put magnets on the back to hold your brushes and other things you weren't able to put magnets on.




*Another, simpler, way to do this is paint a cookie sheet and hang it on the wall!
Brilliant! 



Keep in mind that makeup isn't the only thing you can use! I made one that holds spools of thread and needle packs for my grandma to put in her sewing room!

Be Creative!





No comments:

Post a Comment